How to Taste with Intention
How to taste with intention:
- The chocolate bar should be room temp. (70F)
- Start with the highest percentage and work to the sweeter bars if tasting several at one time, use a palate cleanser such as crackers, soda water, green apple, lemon water between different bars
- Look the color of the chocolate, is it reddish brown or dark brown
- Is it shiny or are there white patches which indicates fat separation from the cocoa and will likely make an off-texture
- Break off a small piece it should have a nice snap if tempered well, smell the chocolate,
- Taste it: let the piece melt slowly on your tongue, what do you taste right away? what happens as it melts? what flavors linger after the chocolate is gone?